D&C 4:2

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (D&C 4:2)




Monday, September 29, 2014

HEY!

I cannot even believe that I have arrived at the end. This is the last week of my full time missionary service. Set apart from the world. Set apart from all that is vile. Set apart by the laying of the hands, by a man that holds His divine priesthood. I was called and sent by the authorization of a living prophet that holds all of the priesthood keys necessary in these latter days to bear testimony of the Great Jehovah, invite others to come unto Him, put their yoke on Him, that they may be a alleviated from sin. I have been called to preach Faith and Repentance for the remissions of sins, making a sacred covenant with the Lord to be baptized and be sanctified by the Holy Spirit; ordained to teach by the Spirit; a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ and His church. Is there any greater call? It’s no wonder they call this the best two years. I can see that this will be the ending of divine calling, but the beginning to eternity. What I have learned is difficult to describe in words, and hard to write. I have gained a real and living testimony that God lives and that redemption is possible through the merciful sacrifice of His Beloved Son. I have witnessed the Atonement take effect in mine own life and those I teach. I testify that no matter how far we think we have gone, however lost we think we are, there is ALWAYS a way back to our Father. These were truly the best 2 years of my life. I can’t describe to you the pure love that I have for this people. What a magnificent blessing it has been to love and serve these Children of God. They are all His children. I am here as just an instrument to bring His children to know the truth.

I’m having mixed feelings about going home. I am truly going to miss Cape Verde. I love each and every person that I have known here. They are truly a humble and meek people. It was really tough saying bye to our recent converts and members in Santa Maria. We got to sit down with Judith and Jezidel. They are both so incredible and I love them both so much. After going to a District Conference, Judith asked us ´´What do i need to do to get to the temple?´´. We explained exactly what she would need to do. She said that she would do everything in her power to get there. Jezidel was quite immature when we started talking to her, but she has grown up a lot and now will be a part of the Young Women’s presidency. I have come to be very, very close with a less active member that we have recently brought back to the fold. His name is Octavio. He is my best friend. I gave him a pair of my shoes, a shirt, pants and a few little things. I will never forget him. Since he has started to come back to the church, he has started to get his life together. The gospel blesses and transforms lives. God is our Father. Jesus is His Son. This is His work. I am immensely grateful for all that the Lord has done to strengthen me and help His children come back to His fold.

Love,

Elder Rice