D&C 4:2

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (D&C 4:2)




Monday, November 4, 2013

HEY!!!

I have been transferred to serve in Maio with my beloved companion Elder Christensen. Unfortunately, we are not leaving on the boat until the 6th of November. So I have currently been here in Praia for the last week doing divisions in the Assistants area. They say I’m the banana, that’s not cool. We are currently living in the Assistants house while we wait until we leave to Maio. It’s been a kind of a weird week, but this week should be super exciting when we get there.

We have been having a few meetings with the Stake President who is directing our entrance into Maio, it is under his direction. We are bringing 15-17 boxes of books, pass-along cards, electric piano, and other supplies. We are bringing hundreds of pamphlets because we are going give something to EVERYONE we see. A lot of the people on the island have never seen Elders before, so it’s going to be super cool. Also, I received instruction from President Oliveira that I need to practice 30 minutes on the piano every day, so I can be ready to play in sacrament meeting. It’s a good thing I learned how to play right before the mission.

We played soccer this morning and it was awesome!!! We had like 25 people there! I actually made a goal by doing a header, it was fairly impressive.

 We had stake conference this week and we bought the ticket for a member from Maio named Julio to come watch it. He is such an awesome guy and he is going to help us A TON in Maio. He has a girlfriend too that is also SUPER interested in the church named Julia. She lives in Praia, so we gave the reference to some other Elders and they are going to start teaching her. We are going to help her get married and baptized.

We have a lot of work to do, and a lot of praying to do. We are going to need the Lord’s guidance more than ever when we get to Maio. We are here to do His will not ours.

Love,

Elder Rice