Hello everyone!!
It has been a fantastic week, but not gonna lie it’s been pretty tough. Probably one of the rougher weeks on my mission. We have been working with a huge family that comes all from the mother of Segunda. For some reason, just about all of them dropped off. The married couple Marino and Nilda called us over to their house. To our surprise they were setting up all of these Catholic decorations. The husband Marino was incredibly drunk and they basically told us they don’t want to have anything to do with our church, they are Catholic. That was a big surprise, considering the amazing lessons we had before and the date marked we had for their baptisms.
We had a lot of incredible, incredible lessons this week, but for some reason, they just stopped. A lot of them just didn’t come to church and are having more and more doubts about baptism. I don’t know exactly happened or what we are lacking at this point, but there is obviously something that the Lord wants us to learn.
I gained a bigger perspective of what’s going on as I searched the scriptures. I read in Romans 5: 3-5, that Paul, glories in his tribulations, because it brings patience and hope. I read in Doctrine and Covenants 58:4, that after many tribulations come blessings where we will finally be crowned in glory. But then my favorite would probably be in Doctrine and Covenants 101:4-7, which basically explains that everyone needs to be tested/corrected, even prophets like Abraham. Those that can’t withhold correction will never be able to be sanctified. When we are slow to attend the voice/will of the Lord, He too will be slow to answer our cries. I can tell you, we have been praying and fasting a lot and truly pondering about these difficulties. We have a lot to learn, we need to be corrected and we need to repent and the Lord will make us stronger than we could ever imagine.
This week has opened my eyes. Everything doesn’t always go perfectly. We need to be tested so we can learn and grow. I’m excited to change and do everything I can to do the will of the Lord instead of mine.
I love you all so much!!
Elder Rice