MODI!!?!?
Well it’s been quite a crazy week! We had new Elders coming into Riberao Manel. Now they have 2 sets of Elders instead of 1. The Elders that arrived were Elder Guy, who is from France and awesome. Then there was Elder Lopes, who was my ward mission leader in my first area on the mission!!! Crazy. Elder Lopes is waiting for his visa to go to Brazil for his mission. For the whole week I have been doing a division with Elder Lopes, and Elder Otterstrom went with Elder guy to start up a new area. So it’s been pretty sweet to serve with my old ward mission leader ha-ha.
We had some awesome baptisms this week. We had the wonderful privilege to have the baptism of Carina, Lucia and Zani, they are all sisters. We have been working with them for close to 2 months. The baptism was beautiful and they were so happy. At church the next day, Lucia was saying in one of the classes ´´The elders used to come over all the time, at first I didn’t really care what they said, they were actually kind of annoying always asking us to read and pray, but then we came to church and starting to read and now I know that this is the true church, I a so happy to be here and I don’t want to leave.´´ It was kind of funny, but they are super sweet!
This week, we truly found woman prepared by the Lords hand. Her name is Ivone. She came and watched a baptism and came to church by herself. She took a few liahonas home. Later she told us that started to read and couldn’t stop until 1130 at night. She had read the entire liahona. She says she knows that this church is true and is not saying it to please us. She wants to be baptized as soon as possible, so we are planning her for this week. She is awesome!
We also brought a teenage named Edimilson to church. His neighbor Hernani was baptized a few weeks ago and he is helping us out a ton to help him be integrated in the church. Edimilson really liked church and knew a lot of people there. We taught him the Plan of Salvation yesterday and he accepted to prepare to be baptized on the 12th of October. He is a great guy and would make a fantastic priesthood holder. He read 3 Nephi 11 and marked a bunch of questions he had and what he liked, he is awesome!
The work is going well here in Assomada. This is my 4th transfer her and I love it. I need to rely more on the Lord, I have been relying on my own forces and it doesn’t work. As Elder Holland said in one of his talks, ´´the devil makes us think that change takes years and, the truth is that we can change as fast as it takes to say ´´I will change´´. I have some repenting to do.
I love you all!
Elder Rice