D&C 4:2

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (D&C 4:2)




Thursday, September 19, 2013

Modi que nhos sta!?!

It’s been another awesome week here in Assomada. Last night we had transfers! Unfortunately my companion Elder Haile will be going to Fogo today. I don’t think it has ever been so hard for me to be transferred from my companion. I love him so much. Elder Haile is a disciple of Jesus Christ, I don’t know how I got to be so blessed to serve with I’m for 2 transfers. It was an absolute pleasure. He has taught me so many things. Especially how to preach repentance with power and authority. We had a lot of success together. I will never forget the time I had with him.

 However, today, I will be receiving a new companion, Elder Otterstrom. In my 2nd transfer Elder Otterstrom trained me, about 9 months later we are going to serve again together here in Assomada as Zone Leaders. I am very excited to see the miracles and success to come as we exercise our faith. Our zone is growing even more. We will be putting 2 more Elders in an area called Riberao Manuel. Also, we will have a lot of new missionaries arrive in almost every area, so it should be an awesome transfer. Last night President Oliveira told me very specifically that we need to have EVERY area baptized, every week. This will be our focus, to help all companionships to have the attitude to bring sons and daughters of God by baptism and confirmation. This work is incredible.

This week was fantastic. We had the wonderful privilege to have the baptisms of Hernani and Emily. Hernani has had a change of heart, he has become completely converted to the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and he could not be happier. He is so anxious to learn new things, read in the book of Mormon and prepare to serve a mission. There was such a huge change in his heart from the first day we met him when he had a ton of doubts. Also, Emily, who was basically running away from us in the beginning, is ready to fulfill her covenant with God. She even showed up to church at like 820, when there were only 3 people at church (church starts at 9). It was a day full of joy to see these incredible people enter into the waters of baptism and be baptized by someone that holds the real priesthood authority of God. It was marvelous.

 Other than that, we had a great lesson with Ze and Nininha (recently married) about temples and eternal marriage. We talked about the covenants and ordinances we make in the temple and how they lead to an eternal family. We challenged them to prepare and they accepted. Hopefully a year from now they will be well on their way to the temple! They are awesome.

I have had the chance to recognize many weaknesses that I have. I know that as we become more like Christ humble ourselves before him and are ready to do his will, our weaknesses can truly be made strong. Pray for charity, pray that virtue may garnish thy thoughts, and pray for opportunities to serve and to share the gospel. The Lord will help us to be strong. I know for a fact, that this is the only living church that has the proper authority of God to act in His name. I testify that there is no other name, path or means that salvation can reached if not by the pure Doctrine of Jesus Christ that was restored in these last days. I know the Prophet Joseph Smith saw God and His Son and brought to the Earth what was lost for such a long time. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and I know these things are true.

 Love,

 Elder Rice