D&C 4:2

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (D&C 4:2)




Monday, September 9, 2013

Modi que nhos sta!

We had a great week in the Assomada zone. Almost every area in our zone baptized this last week, we ended the week with 13 baptisms, it was awesome. The elders in a nearby town called Riberão Manuel, had 7 baptisms and a wedding, they, did really good! Our zone is starting to have the mentality to find the Lords elites and baptize every week, it’s really sweet!!

We got some unfortunate news that Vera would be waiting for baptism. She has a boyfriend in Portugul, that ironically showed up this week and now it is a bit difficult to baptize her if she doesn’t have a certainty to keep the commandments. She is currently living with him. We explained very clearly what needs to happen, she has a strong desire to follow this church, so we will see what happens. Apparently she doesn’t really like him, but she is giving a pretty good amount of money to take care of his child. Its a weird situation.

 However, Irnani is doing incredible. He always wants to come to every activity, meeting, church service, baptism and everything. I think he has learned how the Spirit speaks with us. he has quit weed and is preparing really great! Also, Emily is doing super solid, her cousin Stacy, who the sisters of Assomada are teaching will also be baptized this week. Should be great!

We had zone meeting this last Saturday and it went really good. Sister Wilson and Sister Thembo (from Mozambique) gave a training about teaching simply by using scriptures. We have made a challenge for our entire zone to memorize 1 scripture for every segment of the 5 missionary lessons in Preach My gospel. That comes out to memorize 44 scriptures. I have already memorized them, but I need to review them again. I want to memorize a new scripture every day for this week and the weeks that come. Great power comes when we use scriptures in our teaching. There is so much wisdom and so much vital information for our salvation.

I love the Book of Mormon, I wish I had 5 hours to study it. That book has made me who I am. I know it is the word of God, nothing could ever change that. I know that families can be happy, truly happy and prepare to live together forever if we follow the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my mission, and I love all that I am learning.

Love,

Elder Rice