Hey Everyone,
I can’t believe another week has passed, I’m already starting the 4th week of this 2nd transfer. I can’t even comprehend it. It has been a great week, but a little slow at times. We had ''family home evening'' at a member named Eddys house tonight. We brought one of our investigators, Nira and she really liked it. The Cabo Verdean's really like to place this game called ''water in the face'' where a person walks around with a cup of water and the people in the circle have to name a object of a chose topic, like fruits. If the person in the circle says the fruit that the person with the cup has, the person throws water directly in their face. The Cabo Verdeans love it and just laugh and laugh. Even when the person getting splashed in the eye just laughs.
We had zone conference this week! It was awesome, all the missionaries of the island of Fogo met here in Sao Filipe and we had a conference. They also stayed at our house and ate all of our food haha. We made a giant tub of yogurt that is really good. For the zone conference, various missionaries gave trainings. For one of the trainings, there was a challenge to train a member, receive a reference for a new investigator, contact that reference with the member, teach the reference, mark a date for baptism and give them a calendar to help them prepare. We went out and found our recent convert Aguinaldo (who is awesome and received the priesthood this Sunday), but he said he could not talk now. Then we went walking and found a different member. We found this teenager Dennis who loves working with us. We did a lesson and he showed us a reference, named Flavio. We went to Flavio's, taught, marked a date for baptism and gave him a calendar. I know that what happened then was not something we were capable of achieving, but with the Lord on our side anything is possible.
This week, I also went on a division with Elder Bruce, who works in Congreson ( a little above Sao Filipe). I slept the night at his house, did studies with him and worked with him throughout the day. We had some great lessons with some very prepared people to hear this gospel. One funny thing that happened was that while Elder Bruce and I were sitting down, this Cabo Verdean came up to us and starting to talk to us in English. He didn’t have the best English, but we understood. In the middle of his sentence he was smiling and he said ''We should fight'' and then he just continued on with his sentence. I don’t think he understood what he said. We just laughed.
This week has been pretty hard, but I know that it is all worth it because this gospel is worth it. I can’t imagine my life without the gospel of Jesus Christ to give me guidance and happiness. I am so grateful for the blessing I have of sharing the ''best news'' with the people of Cabo Verde. We are children of God and he has a plan for us.
Love,
Elder Rice