I really cant believe I've been here for 6 weeks, its kinda crazy. Things are starting to be real, I'm going to be in the middle of nowhere in a couple of weeks, WOW, I cant wait! It's been the same schedule for everyday, but still, I continue to learn and progress in Portuguese, the spirit and the gospel every day. I love how everyday here seems to be an answer to a prayer, whatever I may need help on, whatever I may be struggling, don’t understand or want to strengthen seems to be the thing that is focused on and helps me to grow. Anyway the MTC is bomb as usual. I have only put on 5-6 pounds which is surprising, I had better start eating more. The food here is starting to get kinda old, I definitely miss my Mom's meals, they are so much better and healthier haha. I realized how much I truly miss everyone at home, but I know that I’m doing the right thing. Last Tuesday, we had the most bomb devotional given by Elder Zwick of the 70. I believe Elder Zwick also came to our stake in Washington and gave a talk!! Anyway, this talk hit me really hard. He focused on being Christ like. Such a simple thing to say, but something can have life changing blessings. He said that the 4 things we need to follow to be Christ-like is 1. Continuous 2. Unconditional 3. Submissive and 4. Compassionate. This talk really hit me hard because, I have now been called to a representative of Jesus Christ, I literally carry his name on my chest. I represent Him and His church, and doing so I should leave be the best possible example. I have some many aspects to work on, I still act immature in many areas, but this talk makes me want to be the best i can be, not just better. I'm going to try my hardest not to take this lightly. I have found that the more, kind, compassionate and Christ-like I have been, the more happy I am, the more friends I make and the more effective our teaching is. I love the scriptures so much. They truly are the Word of God. Honestly, any question that any person has concerning life, death, afflictions, trials, confusion, our purpose can ALL be answered from the scriptures. And its great because things that are briefly talked about in the Bible are expounded greatly in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon and the Bible work so well together and truly contain the fullness of the Everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ. Many people confuse the Book of Mormon to be something evil, but the truth is if they took 1 ounce of effort to read it, not only would they see that it is centered on Jesus Christ, but that it is the Word of God. Anyone that reads this book, I promise they will know this. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is absolutely amazing. I love having this gospel in my life, I am happy because of it!
Love,
Elder Rice