D&C 4:2

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (D&C 4:2)




Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dear Everyone,


WOW!!! I cant believe i have been here for 4 weeks!!!! That is absolutely insane, I only have 4 more weeks and Im out in the field! I still cant believe it. I dont feel ready yet, I have so much to learn. This just makes me want to work way harder and be way more effective. Its basically the best thing in the world not to worry about anything else except the Lord's work I love it. In one of our devotionals we got listen to Larry Echo Hawk (from the seventy and he talked at conference, and he has the coolest name ever). He taught about how powerful the Book of Mormon is in conversion, then a few days later we had a workshop on the Book of Mormon in conversion. I want everyone to know right now that Book of Mormon is the word of God. I have asked and I have recieved my answer, something I will never deny. It is a book that WILL bring any person that reads it closer to God. I urge anyone that does not know that this book is truly the word of God, to excercise a particle of faith and read. The only way you can know if it is true is by reading it and prayer, and I promise if you are sincere you will know. Knowing the Book of Mormon is true brings about huge implications, for example that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, that he truly saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is evidence that Joseph Smith is a prophet. This is something that I feel very strongely about, something I can barely contain myself from sharing haha. Good news, Elder Heagney and I committed our first 2 "investigators" to baptism, it was so awesome. The spirit was so strong. I could barely contain myself after Valdemir said "yeah sure". After we got out of the room I jumped on Elder Heagney, we killed it! We work really well as a team. Overall, awesome week!!! The MTC is so fun, i have so much to learn. I'd encourage everyone to write me at the MTC address on the blog or on dearelder.com (hand written letters are better haha), its REALLY nice to get some mail at the end of the day!! This is the Lords work, i am the luckiest kid in the world, cant wait to spread the gospel of jesus christ.

I love you all so much,

Elder Rice