D&C 4:2

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (D&C 4:2)




Tuesday, August 19, 2014

HEY!

We had transfers last night, Elder Turner and I are staying for 1 more! I was already 99% sure that we were staying, it wouldn’t make much sense to transfer me on my last transfer. Yes. My blasting last transfer. The words don’t even seem real. I can’t even explain how weird it feels. I feel like I have only been here for a short time, like a few months. I honestly don’t even really miss America (except for maybe carpet and a few other things). The time has gone by so fast. I have had the most incredible opportunity to serve the Lord and work miracles in His name. I’m glad that I have kept a journal my entire mission, so that I can ponder about these things I have passed through to share with future generations.

We have been training President Rodrigues about the importance of doing interviews with the members. These interviews are essential, they are a way to verify worthiness, prepare to give callings and strengthen each and every member. Also we have discussed with him the importance of motivating the members to participate more actively in missionary work. Missionary work only done by Elders will never lead to true baptisms, conversion and retention. It is only when the missionaries and members work together, that true growth can happen. He agreed with this. He has agreed to talk about this in a meeting that we will be holding this week for all of those that hold a calling.

We got to find a really awesome investigator this last week. His name is Steven. He does not work at the moment, and he lives with his girlfriend and their daughter. It turns out that his girlfriend is a member of the church, apparently she was taught and baptized like 12 years ago in Praia. Her name is Monica. They are a really nice family. They even invited us over for lunch today, should be sweet.

Our branch president has designated Judith (our recent convert) to give a talk this next Sunday, so we will be helping her out a bit with that.

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to true happiness, being edified on his doctrine brings long lasting and eternal happiness, as opposed to the ways of the world. Wickedness never was happiness. It is by the commandments that the Lord protects and makes the pathway that we may become as He is.

Love,

Elder Rice