D&C 4:2

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (D&C 4:2)




Monday, July 14, 2014

Hi,

So I got my new companion this week. His name is Elder Turner, he is from St. George, Utah. He´s a big guy. He used to do rodeo and did a bunch of weight lifting. We have been getting along super well and having a lot of success together. I can’t wait to see what else is in store.

We had a family night at Adilson´s, a less active member who is recently reactivated. He has a very small house, but somehow we managed to fit a good 15 to 20 people. We had the chance to invite some of his friends as well and they loved it. We have now gained a good 11 to 12 new investigators that were references from Adilson. They are all men over the age of 18. A few of them are showing extreme desire and will be vital leaders here in the Branch.

Fabricio is easily progressing the fastest. He used to be a very strong member of the Nazarene church, so he has a lot of knowledge of the bible and doctrines. He is more excited than ever for baptism. He is already thinking of ideas that we can put into practice to help strengthen the youth. He is reading in the Book of Mormon and repenting of a lot of sins. He is making great progress to be baptized on the 26th. I could see him being the 1st counselor of the branch or maybe Elders Quorum president, he is incredible. He is really helping others come to church as well.

We are also teaching Adilson´s brother, Jozemar. He came to church yesterday for the first and he liked it a lot. He doesn’t know how to read, so we have started to teach him the alphabet and are going to teach him how to read so he can read the Book of Mormon. He is also progressing for baptism on the 2nd of August.

For a few days, as we walked to our area. I always saw this white house and felt an impression that I should get to know the family there. Because of my foolishness I didn’t listen to the spirit and I just passed by. But the other day I decided to listen to this prompting and go there. As we knocked the door, the man, named Joao, instantly said, I’m going to work, but you can come back tomorrow at 10. So we did and had a fantastic lesson. We then got to know his step daughter. He had work this Sunday, but his daughter ended up coming to church, that was super cool. I know that the angels prepare the hearts of these people.

At church this week we had 47 people, it was super great!! The quality of the meeting and the reverence is getting a lot better.

I know the God is our Father and He loves us. I know the Christ is the only means of salvation. His doctrine is simple and pure. I know that Joseph Smith restored the fullness of His Gospel with the power and authority necessary to open the doors to the Kingdom of God.

Love,

Elder Rice