D&C 4:2

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (D&C 4:2)




Monday, July 7, 2014

HEY,

So I have been with my mini missionary for about 2 weeks now, I should be receiving my greenie on Wednesday. I’m super excited to train again, that was definitely one of the highlights of mission, training Elder McKissick. I cant wait to do it again. I get to show him everything I have learned during my whole mission!

It was a solid week. We are cleaning out our inventory and really trying to focus on those that have real desire to continue to talk to us. Many of our really awesome investigators kinda fell off because they had things they really didn’t want to repent of. We are going to continue to pass them but just with less frequency.

We have been working quite a bit with a less active named Adilson. When i got here he wasn’t going to church at all. We started teaching him and now he has came back. The thing is that he has a pretty bad environment of friends. They all like to party, do drugs. They are a rougher crowd of Cabo Verdians. However, we are picking his friends off one by one and teaching them. Teaching them all at the same time would be setting ourselves up for a disaster. We have been talking to a few friends like Fabricio, Caritson, Kukuk and his brother Jozemar. They have actually started to come to church, and Adilson is really helping them We trained Adilson about being a ´´Watchmen´´, to look out for his friends and help them keep the commandments. Yesterday at sacrament meeting, one of the friends, Fabricio (an investigator), went up to the pulpit and declared ´´I KNOW that this is a true church, i prayed and asked God and he answered me. Before i knew the Elders I had a bunch of problems with my family, but now everything is being resolved. I feel these things are true. Amen´´. It was super powerful.

We had a super sweet Integration Night with all the members. We do a spiritual part and then we do some games. The game we played this time was where you put a piece of candy in a plate of flour. The first one to find the candy with your mouth wins. Iit was super hilarious, everyone’s face was covered in flour. I did it as well haha. We also do a film night every Sunday night. We watched the film “Ónly a Stone Cutter´´ and a bunch of small Mormon messages. After each film we have a little discussion of the principle that was taught and how we can apply it in our lives. There are some really cool Mormon messages on the Mormon Channel, you should definitely take a look at them. They are super good for youth and firesides and stuff.

The two biggest things I have learned on my mission are the nature of God and the absolute necessity of the Savior’s atonement for all mankind. I know that God lives and He loves us. I know he sent His only Begotten so that through Him and His name all men could be purified and redeemed from our fallen and carnal state. Jesus Christ is the head of this church, everything else in the gospel is an appendage of His Atonement.

Love,

Elder Rice