HEY!
The mission is fantastic. No complaints here. We just had transfers last night. I’m staying here!!! I couldn’t be happier I truly love it here in Assomada and I love serving with my Ethiopian Companion Elder Haile, he is so awesome!! Our small zone is growing finally; we are receiving 4 new sisters this week. 2 will be coming to Assomada, so there will be 6 here and 2 more are being sent to Calheta, which has been closed for a while and is only a group. There will be a lot of new missionaries coming so we have to really help them all gain our vision for the zone. It should be an incredible transfer, im very excited!!
This week was truly incredible. I couldn’t have asked for anything better! This last Saturday we had the chance to help 6 enter into the water of baptism and make a covenant with their loving Heavenly Father. The people that were baptized were Siza (sister of Carlito, a recent convert. She doesn’t talk very much, but has learned and grown a ton while talking with us.), Lanira (We found her one of the first days of the transfer doing a random street contact, she is the neighbor of a really good member family), Jacinto and Elton (friends of member in the ward. They recently returned home from serving in the military for 15 months. They are currently staying in a members house), Kelida and Rosangela (Invited by a member to church. We managed to get the mom’s permission for them both, but not for the 3rd sister, they are super super awesome!!!!). It was a day full of white, it was so awesome. We have so much thanks to give to the Lord. We ask and ask so much, but sometimes we forget to give thanks. This was a miracle, only could have been done by the hand of the Lord, I just don’t know how I got so lucky to be an instrument in His hands.
We are working with another family member of our recent convert Carlito. We are teaching his nephew. His nephew is from Praia, but he has been visiting here a bunch and has a ton of interest. He is planning to be baptized this next Saturday, he is incredible. When we first met him he did not want to talk to us, but we had him sit in a lesson with us and Carlito and he could really feel something different. He is repenting and growing in faith everyday. he even came to a fire side just for members.
Ze and Nininha have not yet been married. They are planning to be married on the 16th of August. If everything runs well, there will be the marriage on the 16th, and baptism of Ze and Nininha and their daughter Erika on the 17th. They are all very excited and the members are helping to loan a suit for Ze and provide a bit of food for the after party. Should be great!
I’m super excited to see what happiness this transfer. We have already seen so miracles. I love teaching the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. The doctrines are pure and true. There is no one or nothing that could ever take me away from this work.
I love you all,
Elder Rice