Bida sta diret!!?!?
It’s been a great week! A little slower than our last couple weeks, but nonetheless, very awesome! Our ward mission leader had his birthday this week, so we all went to his house to have a giant family night. There was A TON of people that showed up. There was a bunch of food, and dessert and they had a time to share testimonies, it was really sweet. Our ward mission leader is super incredible, he works.
This is the first functioning ward that I have come into, where everyone really strives to do their job, its super nice.
This week we have been teaching with our recent convert Wilson. He is a great kid, he is 18 years old and he came to Assomada to visit his family. While he was here, we taught him and he was baptized. Because of the church, he is going to stay here and go to school this next year. He says he wants to serve mission so we are going to continue to get him excited and help him.
We have been working with 2 less active members named Ness and Gugas. Our ward really needs more Melchezidek priesthood holders to make the split and make 2 wards. The Elders quorum has given us a list of names of men that are less active that could receive this priesthood. We have been working with them for weeks. They both promised to come to church but unfortunately did not. They have so much potential to be incredible priesthood holders, they just need some push.
We had zone conference in Praia this last Friday, it was super great. I got to see ´´Nha fidju´´, or ´´My son´´, Elder McKissik. Elder Mckissik stayed in Mosteiros for 4 transfers now he is here in Praia and we will see each other in zone conference. Man, I missed him a ton, he is such an awesome missionary. He just told me that one of the recent converts we had in Mosteiros, Edy, received the Melchizedek priesthood and is putting in his papers to serve a mission!!!!!! SO AWESOME!!! I wanted to cry, I was so happy when I heard that.
We didn’t have the most success with investigators in church this Sunday, but that just means we need to work even hard this next week so we can help these people feel the Holy Ghost and know the truth.
The mission is incredible. There is so much to learn in the scriptures. STUDY EVERY SINGLE DAY!! You gain great blessings and know exactly what you need to do. I love the Book of Mormon and the Bible for the countless lessons I am taught and for the testimony it gives me of my Savior Jesus Christ.
Love,
Elder Rice