Hey,
Its been an incredible week. A week that I will never, ever forget. The work is not easy, but as we are obedient and seek His will, the Lord will strengthen us and help us to do things we never could have imagined.
We had the first baptism in the history of Maio. We had the baptism of Zeze. I don’t think I have ever taught so many lessons with the Spirit teaching and testifying so strong to our hearts. He felt it and could not deny it. After having some doubts, Zeze made the decision and was baptized on the 7th. We started with a little baptismal service at the church then we got in a truck and headed out to Ponta Preta, this SUPER beautiful beach. We wandered around a bit, looking for a good place to baptize until we just decided to go right up to the shore and walk out to see. The first few attempts at baptism were destroyed with giant waves smashing us, but finally, my companion, Elder Christensen baptized Zeze sucessfully. It was so beautiful. He couldnt stop smiling. He loved every moment.
The day after, Zeze recieved the Holy Ghost and the Aaronic priesthood and will be helping with the sacrament next week. Zeze is going to be a huge key in the work here in Maio. He is the first baptism and one of the only members. We are going to be working with him a lot.
Even more exciting news, we have been working a ton with Maruka and Fatinha, a couple that are investigating the church. Maruka is super down for marriage and baptism, Fatinha is down for marriage but does not want to be baptized. We had a little meeting with Maruka and Fatinha, and Maruka was saying that they were going to get married in January, because December is way too close. Inspired, by the Spirit, I told Maruka, ''You have everything ready for the wedding, you are ready to be baptized, you cannot wait, the Lord needs you more than any other time. You will be a great leader, whether you know it or not, you will lead the church here.'' The room was dead silent, the Spirit was so strong. In that moment I challenged him to be baptized in December, he said what day, and I replied the 20th. He said, ''We'll prepare.'' It was incredible. The Spirit guided my every word, absolutely incredible. He is going to everything he can to be married on the 20th and baptized on the 21st. He will be the group leader of Maio. He reads in the Book of Mormon every day, he comes to ALL the activities. He is awesome.
Transfers happened and we are staying here in Maio, what a blessing, there is nothing more I could ask for.
The work of the Lord is being hastened, we must be worthy to be instruments in the Lord’s hands. I love the mission. The Lord has humbled me so much. This is the Church of Jesus Christ, the only path on the face of this Earth that bring eternal happiness.
Love,
Elder Rice