Hey!!
Its been a crazy awesome week, as always!! Assomada is so awesome, the members her are incredible, and the ward is really starting to grow! Last Monday, we had a family night at Toca's house (one of our investigators). We shared the story of the Tree of Life and encouraged everyone to share the gospel with everyone. Toca made rice and a fish broth stew thing. It had vegetables and broth and we brought the juice, it was all super good and a bunch of people ended up showing up.
Toca got baptized this week and it was awesome! She had some major problems with commandments before but has truly made a change and repented. She left her old life behind and now is just pressing forward by keeping the commandments. The thing is that she doesn’t speak Portuguese, so its fairly tough for her to understand. But by keeping the commandments and making this covenant with God she feels it. I’m so glad I had the chance to help her be a member of this church.
Toca was actually a reference from her member neighbor, Hermana. Hermana is incredible. She has 2 awesome daughters and a son that are super strong in the church. They are actually planning to go to the temple this august in Brasil. Hermana has a fire to share the gospel, its super great. She actually recently gave us another reference for a man named Carlito who has already came to church a few times and is planning on getting baptized this week. Hermana is doing a huge favor for us and the Lord. Her joy will be so great as she finds her friends and family in happiness with her after this life.
We are currently working with two couples to try and help them be married and baptized. The first is Gugas and Janira. Gugas is already a member, but they haven’t come to church in quite a while. Before we help them be married we are going to help them keep all the commandments, to truly be converted and enjoy the blessings that the Lord has waiting for them. The other is Nininha and Ze. They are awesome. Nininha is super excited for marriage and they really like the church a lot. They have 6 kids we are working with, unfortunately, use drugs and alcohol, but we are going to continue to help them gain a desire to repent and be baptized.
Transfers just happened last night! I will be staying her in Assomada, but my comp, Elder Reeser will be going to Praia to finish up his last transfer and a half as a trainer. Man, I’m going to miss him a lot. He was an awesome companion and I truly learned a lot with him. However, I am now with Elder Haile. He is from Ethiopa and super cool. he speaks very good english and he was zone leader already in Santo Antao( Another island of Cabo Verde). He is on his 12th transfer. I know we are going to work really hard and have good success.
We have just cleaned out our entire house and packed everything we own into our bags because we are moving today. We haven’t made the payment to the new house, so they wont let us in, but they should make the payment this afternoon at around 2. I don’t like moving houses, its definably a pain, but now we have all new stuff haha. We don’t have a table or chairs though. It’s gonna be a weird first week, haha.
Tonight we are going to have a family night in Carlitos house. It should be super cool! Apparently a member is going to make Cachupa. Cachupa is a mixture of pretty much everything. You put in corn kernels that soften and turn all big (not popcorn), meat, fish, carrots, seasonings, vegetables and whatever else and let it sit in a pot for like 4 hours. Its actually super good. For breakfast they just throw an egg on it, its good!
Also, Carlito, who works construction, told me that he would make me a weigh that I can lift. He is going to get a rod of steel or iron and then just stick a block of cement on each end. I’m excited because Im getting super weak. I have been lifting boxes of Liahona magazines, its not cutting it!
This is the most awesome call in the world. I’m excited to see the miracles that the Lord gives us this transfer.
I love you all!!!
Elder Rice