Our family gathered together this evening to share favorite scriptures with Matt.
Mom: Alma 37:37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morninglet thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
Dad: D & C 112:10 Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.
Dad: D & C 112:10 Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.
Brett: Mor 7:48 Wherefore,
my beloved brethren, pray
unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this
love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers
of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he
shall appear we shall be
like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we
may be purified
even as he is pure. Amen.
Trevor: Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them
their weakness.
I give
unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace
is sufficient for all men that humble
themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith
in me, then will I make weak
things become strong unto them.
Daniel:
2 Nephi 4: 34 O
Lord, I have trusted
in thee, and I will trust
in thee forever. I will not put my trust
in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust
in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh
flesh his arm.
Jessica: Alma 57: 27
Now this was the faith
of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm,
and they do put their trust in God continually.
Grandma: Alma 5: 14-15 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of
the church, have ye spiritually
been born
of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced
this mighty change
in your hearts?
Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of
him who created
you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised
in immortality, and this corruption braised
in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged
according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?